24 total views, 2 views today
There are millions of screens out there, how can your website possibly keep up with every screen?
Responsive Web Design is the solution.
with responsive website design, your website (and its pages) can adapt and deliver the best experience to users, whether they’re on their desktop, tablet, laptop or smartphone. For that to happen, though your website needs a responsive design.
What is responsive web design and how does it work?
Continue reading to find out, what is responsive web design? We will be sharing some real-life examples of responsive web design.
What is responsive web design?
Responsive web design describes a web design approach that allows websites and pages to render on all devices and screen sizes by automatically adapting to the screen, whether it’s a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
How does responsive web design work?
Responsive web design works through Cascading style sheets (CSS), using various settings to serve different style properties depending on screen sizes, orientation, resolution, color capability and other characteristics of the user’s device. A few examples of CSS properties related to responsive web design include the viewport and media queries.
Is my website responsive?
You can quickly check if a website is responsive or not in your web browser.
- Open Google Chrome
- Open your website
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I to open Chrome DevTools
- Press Ctrl + Shift + M to toggle the device toolbar
- View your page from a mobile, tablet, or desktop perspective
You can also use a free tool, like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test, to see if pages on your website are mobile-friendly. While you can achiever mobile-friendliness with design approaches, like adaptive design, responsive web design is the most common because of its advantages.
Why responsive web design matters to web designers and business owners
Responsive web design relieves web designers, user interface designers, and web developers from working day and night creating websites for every single different device. It also makes the lives of business owners, marketers and advertisers easier.
Here are a few benefits of responsive website design:
- A single site for every device: Whether the page is being viewed on a tablet or 27-inch iMac with a wireless connection or from the screen of your android phone, the website will be configured for the user’s optimal pleasure.
- Optimal design for the device: With the responsive web design approach, all images, fonts, and other HTML elements will be scaled appropriately, maximizing whatever screen size the user has.
- No need for redirects: When you design a single website for multiple devices, it requires the use of redirects to send the user to the appropriate version of a web page. Without the need for redirects, the user can access the content of the website, as quickly as possible.
Responsive web design is also effective from a price standpoint. Its easier to manage because of its one site versus two. You don’t have to make changes twice. Instead, you can work from and update a single website.
Examples of responsive web design
To see how responsive web design works, go ahead and access the internet from your smartphone and browse through some sites listed on CSSDesignAwards – an online gallery that features responsive web designs.
Now, look at the same sites on another internet-enabled device like your laptop or your tablet. You can also use DevTools in Chrome to check design on different screen sizes.
Notice how the pages alter their layouts to fit the device you’re on?
That’s responsive web design.
Do you want a responsive website or we can help you make your website responsive
If you’re looking for some professional assistance when it comes to making your website responsive, Vivid Techno can help. We offer responsive web design and development services, with over 800 sites launched.
Call us at 981-144-2146 or contact us online to speak with an expert about your site!